- Start a WordPress Blog on Your Own Site Part 2: Why WordPress?
- What would Google look like if they designed it to rank well in their own search results? According to the author, this “satirical piece” has been Dugg, Redditted, and Slashdotted to death. It’s one of the month’s best pieces of viral content.
- Amazon’s “1-Click patent” picked apart by US Patent Office.The USPTO “has rejected 21 of the 26 claims in the patent, leaving only five as ‘patentable’.” Too bad Microsoft still managed to patent the iPhone.
- Plenty of Freelancers have business cards, but what about calling cards? FreelanceSwitch.com thinks “that the calling card is well overdue for a renaissance. Giving a business card to a social acquaintance implies that you are your job – and we think that’s a little one-dimensional.” So they’re having a calling card-contest.
- Everyone likes shiny stuff like Photoshop gradient effects, right? Deziner Folio has a huge pack of Web 2.0 Gradients up for grabs, so be sure to download a copy.
- More Dilbert-Boss-Style thinking.
- While we’re reading comics, here’s a funny XKCD comic strip: “Photoshops.”
Oct 20, 2007 by Matt | Posted in BlogBuzz