Happy New Year! It’s hard to believe that I’ve been actively posting on Webmaster-Source for about five years. This past year has been pretty busy for me. I did a bit of work on WordPress as part of the Google Summer of Code, I learned iPhone development and got two applications into the App Store, and I participated in NaNoWriMo.
Now that it’s 2011, I guess it’s time for another recap of the previous year. Before we get to that, though, let’s have a look at some statistics!
- Page views: 31,216
- Unique visitors: 25,853
- RSS subscribers: 731 (average over 30 days)
- PageRank: 4
- Posts: 1,273
- Comments: 6,296
- Akismet Spam Comments Blocked (to date): 206,176
- Total tweets: 7,159
(Monthly statistics as of December 24, 2010.)
- Using the WordPress Uploader in Your Plugin or Theme
- Are Unicode Domains Really a Security Risk?
- The New York Times to Start Charging Online Readers
- The History of the Emoticon
- The iPad Will Find its Niche: My Thoughts on Apple’s Tablet
- Using Symbolic Links to Backup Your Files to Dropbox
- Change Firefox 3.6′s Tab Behavior
- Notify 2: Better Email Notifications for Webmail Users
- What’s the Status on Tweetie 2 for Mac? [I would still like to know that…]
- Programmatically Creating Posts in WordPress
- Automated Website Thumbnails via WordPress.com
- YOURLS: Your Own URL Shortener
- iPhone Application Development For Dummies
- Why Do Some PHP Variables Have an Ampersand Before Them?
- The GPL Doesn’t Apply to Premium Themes or Plugins
- Get a Larger Version of a Mac Application’s Icon
- VPS.net Increases RAM and CPU Allocations
- MacHeist nanoBundle 2 is Here
- Google hreview Rich Snippets in WordPress
- Dayta: The One Week App
- Ars Technica’s Ken Fisher on Ad Blocking
- Automatic Amazon S3 Backups on Ubuntu/Debian
- Blockbuster to Still Get New Releases, While Netflix and Redbox Have to Wait
- WordPress HTTP Request Class
- Apple to Launch a Mobile Ad Platform on April 7th?
- Internet Explorer 9 to Render Pages with WebKit
- The Internet’s Best of April Fools’ Day 2010
- How OpenID Could Be More User-Friendly
- D&D Online Makes “Freemium” Model Work, Gets 500% Revenue Increase [Turbine applied the same concept to Lord of the Rings Online later on in the year. Since they haven’t backtracked, one can assume that they had similar results.]
- Twitter Acquires Tweetie
- Amazon S3: A Cheap Podcast Host?
- Use Google-Hosted jQuery in Your WordPress Theme
- Where Do Bad Hosting Reviews Come From?
- Gizmodo and the iPhone 4G: An Example of Unethical Journalism
- iAds: Apple Reinvents Mobile Advertising
- I’m Going to be Working with WordPress for GSoC
- Will Automattic Launch a Hosted BuddyPress to Replace Ning?
- Michael Martin of Pro Blog Design to Launch PliablePress
- Integrate Twitter @Anywhere into Your WordPress Comments
- Transmit 4: The Ultimate Mac FTP and S3 Client
- A Standard to Specify a Canonical Short Link
- Google Font API
- 14 Mac Applications I Use Every Day
- PHP Simple HTML DOM Parser
- Debugging WordPress
- AT&T Axes Unlimited Data for iPhone Users [And now you have to pay $10-$12.50 per gigabyte…]
- Bandcamp: Sell Your Music Online
- WordPress JSON API Plugin
- CSS Selector Efficiency
- Sauerbraten: The Open Source FPS Game
- Lord of the Rings Online to Switch to “Freemium” Model
- iPhone 4 Gets a 326ppi Screen: What Does this Mean for Web Design?
- WordPress 3.0: The Beginning of WordPress Tumbleblogs?
- Firefox 4: The Tabs Will Be on Top
- Arq: Back Up Your Mac to Amazon S3
- How to Delete GMail Messages in iOS 4
- Firefox 4 Beta 1 Released
- Calculating Relative Time Stamps With PHP and WordPress
- WordPress Administration Over SSL
- Creating a Virtual Post in WordPress
- .CO: A Domaining Disaster
- Remove Default Textarea Scrollbars in Internet Explorer
- WordPress to Finally Drop PHP4 Support
- Xcode 4: The Coda of Compiled Software Development?
- MediaElement.js — HTML5 Video Player With Flash Backup
- Anthologize — Turn Your Blog into an eBook
- Twitter Launches Their Own “Tweet” Button
- Apple’s iAd Platform the “Most Progressive Thing to Date” in Online Advertising
- EpicWin: A To-Do List App With an RPG Theme
- Building iTunes Links
- iTunes 10: Fix the Vertical Buttons
- Parsing Lua Scripts With PHP
- Google Instant: Search as You Type
- Google Storage for Developers: An Attempt to Compete With S3?
- An Explosion of Instant Search Sites
- Blog Tip: Solve a Common Problem
- Are iPhone Apps Part of the Web?
- JSONView: View JSON Data in Firefox
- What are Some Good Places to Find Linux Server Tutorials?
- What is the Best Comment in Source Code You Have Ever Encountered?
- Design Spotlight: New Twitter
- Generate QR Codes On-the-Fly With the Google Chart API
- Why Are People So Irrational About the Price of iPhone Apps?
- Will Mac OS X 10.7 Have Integrated Cloud Sync?
- Apple “Back to the Mac” Keynote Recap
- A Few Resources to Get Started With iPhone App Development
- Blogging Tip: Keep a File of Post Ideas
- FireSheep: Grey Hat Security?
- HTML5 May Not Be XHTML, But That’s No Excuse for Sloppiness
- iOS UIFileSharingEnabled Property List Flag
- The iPad is the New iPod
- Designing for iPhone 4 Retina Display
- It’s Safe to Use the HTML5 Doctype Today
- CoffeeAddict: A Great Web Design Tutorial
- Reeder for Mac Beta
- WPCandy Releases iPhone App With Interesting “Reverse Launch” Deal
- Infinity Blade iPhone Game Sells $1.6 Million in Five Days
- Yahoo is Shutting Down Del.icio.us
- Yahoo Claims They Aren’t Shutting Down Del.icio.us After All
- Vanilla: The Most Modern and Awesome Forum Package
- Does Project Wonderful Make Advertising Awesome?
I hope you will all continue reading through the new year.