- Microsoft to launch beta of Internet Explorer 8 – Internet Exploder 8 is coming soon. Is Microsoft even listening to our protests about the
<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=8" />meta tag? I will be talking about this insidious new “feature” more in-depth sometime in the next few days.
- 99 Sites ALL Designers Must Know About – There are plenty of familiar sites in this list, and quite a few ones that are new to me. The post lives up to its title; If you’re a designer, or an aspiring designer, then this post is definitely worth a look.
- What’s it Like to Run a Popular Blog? – “Running a well-established blog, while challenging, is very much worth it. It takes a lot of hard work to achieve, though — and a lot of time.”
- 15 WordPress plugins that a professional blog should install – I use several of these plugins, though this post has encouraged me to try a few others. Oh, and I’m sure you can guess what the first one on the list is…
- Bad flavor: ICANN, Network Solutions sued for domain tasting – Why ICANN? Network Solutions was the one tasting the domains. Why should ICANN be responsible for a registrar’s nefarious activity?
- Navigation Menus: Trends and Examples – Navigational inspiration, Smashing-style.
- WordPress 2.5 Plugin Settings Pages Style Guide – If you’re a plugin developer, you may want to see this post.
- 25 Ways To Improve Your Site In 5 Minutes
- Voting has started for the 2008 Webware 100 Awards. Be sure to vote for WordPress!
- Top 10 Worst Captchas – Don’t make your Captchas like these ones!
- The Big Word Project – Another innovative concept along the lines of the notorious Million Dollar Homepage. It’s a dictionary of sorts, where, for $1 per letter, your site can be the new definition of the word. Instead of linking to a normal dictionary definition, the word will link to your site instead. Too bad the words I would consider buying aren’t in their so-called dictionary…
- Free! Why $0.00 Is the Future of Business
- Smashing Magazine Best Of February 2008
Mar 1, 2008 by Matt | Posted in BlogBuzz