Do you know how to write? If you can write a few coherent paragraphs without misspelling 10%+ of the words, then yes, you can write. Have you considered starting a blog?
If you have something interesting to say, then you’ve got the basis for a blog.
Blogging is a great opportunity to get your thoughts/ideas/knowledge/experience out there for others to read. If you can answer “yes” to any of the following questions, then you should think about starting a blog.
- Do you have a hobby you’re knowledgeable about?
- Do you have a business? More and more businesses are adding blogs to their websites.
- Is there some topic that your friends and family keep telling you stop talking about so much? Talk at people online instead!
- Are you a photographer? You could showcase your recent shots with a photoblog.
- Have you wished you had your own magazine or radio talk show? Then start a blog/webzine or a podcast.
If you have something interesting to say, then you’ve got the basis for a blog. If no one else has a blog about the subject, then you have even more reason to start one. Congratulations, you’ve found a niche market, providing you an opportunity to, with work and time, become the authority in the subject.
Starting a professional blog is easy and cheap. You can get a “.com” web address (domain name) for only $6/year. Reliable web hosting (with a free domain name included) can be had for as low as $3.99/month. If you’re interested, I’ve written a guide to starting a blog.