I’m participating in the Daily Blog Tips tutorial contest. Since contestants are supposed to post a list of their favorite entries, I’m going to post mine here. I’ve rounded up the ones I like, which I think readers of Webmaster-Source may find useful.
Wondering what post I submitted? How to Feature Your Best Posts in Your Sidebar, which I wrote not long after seeing the contest. It was in my mental list of “Things That Would Make Good Tutorial Posts, If I Can Remember Them.” The contest got me to invest some time actually writing it (Thanks, Daniel!).
Here are my favorites from the list of entries (and I say again that you may find them useful):
- Backup guide for bloggers – Back up your content! It’s irreplaceable. And just how much time have you spent working on it? Also, don’t forget to backup your template! (Just use your FTP client to copy the files to your hard drive). Blogging is like carving your words in stone. Your posts should be there for hundreds of years.
- A complete guide: How to make your post attractive using images – Images aren’t a substitute for good content, but they can really improve a post.
- Protect Your Blog And Counter Copyright Thefts – Eventually someone will “scrape” your blog. When it happens, know how to fight it.
- How to Write Scannable Content: A 6-Step Approach
- Absolute Guide to Losing Readers – I really did Laugh Out Loud when I read this: “I believe in the 80/20 rule. Eighty-percent of the website should be devoted to some form of advertisement with twenty percent being the content.”
Make Money Online
- How to go from $0 to $7000 per month and back to $0 again
- A 5-Minute Method to Redirect Your Affiliate Links – A great idea if you tend to refer people via certain affiliate programs frequently. For example, you’re a writer and you push people to your book’s Amazon page.
SEO & Web Development
- 5 Easy Steps To Oodles Of Search Engine Traffic For Your WordPress Blog – A great tutorial which I had read previously to the posting of the contest entries. If you’re new to the world of Search Engine Optimization, you should definitely read this.