I figured it was about time someone compared all the candidates’ websites.
This post is more of a gallery, as I’m not reviewing the designs in depth. I am, though, including a few bullet points below each design’s screenshot.
My favorite designs are probably (in order) BarackObama.com, JohnMccain.com, and Dennis4President.com.
- Overall amazing design
- Nice horizontal navigation
- I like the way the Blog, News, and Events are all featured on the main page under their separate headers
- Social Networking/Bookmarking sites (Facebook, YouTube, Digg, etc) are utilized heavilly, and profile links are featured in the sidebar.
- An interesting design, though some parts look a little odd
- YouTube group link is featured prominently at the top
- Easy to navigate
- The top image is a little on the large side, clocking in at 847×345 pixels. At 1024×768 resolution, barely anything else is visible
- Elements below the fold are a little crowded
- Navigation is pretty good
- Works at 800×600 resolution, a now fairly uncommon design trait
- Fairly concise design, displaying important information without throwing less important things in your face
- The best-looking drop-down menus so far, though the red on the horizontal navbar doesn’t look quite right.
- Interesting “iPhone Network” mini-site at ronpaul2008.com/iphone/
- Nice, dark, design. Looks good overall
- Laid-out well, though a little heavy on the boxes