What is the most annoying website on the web like? Well, there are a couple of satirical attempts to be the most annoying (view at your own risk), but they’re just trying to be funny (in an odd sort of way), but they’re not realistic.
In my opinion, the most annoying real website ever
- Always resizes your browser to exactly 120% of your screen resolution.
- Launches three pop-up ads on page load.
- Has a black background (or distracting tiled picture) with bright yellow text.
- Has at least two animated banner ads that say “click this ad for a free iPod!” through your speakers.
- Opens external links in new windows.
- Has horrible navigation.
- Has little design whatsoever.
- Makes you register to leave a comment. During the registration, you have to confirm your account via email, and say “no” to the 23 mailing lists you would otherwise be subscribed to.
- Says “best viewed in Internet Explorer” at the top of the page, and does not work well in any other (more standards-compliant) browser.
- Takes two minutes to load at 780k/sec.
- Plays music on page load.
- Has so many typos and grammatical errors it’s impossible to understand anything.
- Copies and pastes entire content from other sites instead of linking.
- Offers an email subscription, but not RSS, and assumes that you would still want to subscribe after seeing their site.
- Opens more pop-ups when you leave.
I spent half an hour in Photoshop making the image you see above. I’d say it looks sufficiently annoying.