Are you new to this whole blogging thing? Are you trying to start your first blog?
I try to cover a wide array of web-related topics here on WSC, and balance things between the basic and the advanced (leaning a little towards advanced often). However, beginning bloggers really need all the help they can get. I figured it was time to round-up some posts for the newbies.
- What is a Blog? – A blog is not an online journal…
- Starting a Great Blog Series – A twelve-part series guiding you through the process of starting a blog. Picking a niche, buying a domain and hosting, installing WordPress, and more.
- Choosing a Web host – You won’t get very far without a good webhost. Learn how to find a reputable host that offers everything you need for a reasonable price.
- 7 Books For Beginning Webmasters – Books are still one of the best ways to thoroughly learn about topics such as HTML, CSS, or PHP.
- Naming Your Site: No, “Bob” Isn’t a Good Name – Your blog needs a good, memorable name. You have to be creative these days, with the shortage of good domains.
- Free Blog Services Rated: Blogger, Livejournal, WordPress.com – If you absolutely must use a free blog provider…
- What is Speedlinking? – Don’t hoard your PageRank! Give some of it back to the rest of the Blogosphere by sharing interesting links with your readers.
- Making a New Blog Seem More Established – Every blog starts somewhere. Unfortunately because blogs appear and then often disappear it helps to look early on like you’re here for the long haul.
- 10 free ways to gain exposure for a young blog – Every blogger knows the frustration of starting a new blog, and not having any readers. You’re writing great posts, but no one’s listening.
- How Often Should You Post? – Unless you’re just starting a personal blog, this is something to consider carefully.