- iPhone Application Development For Dummies — This was the first book on iPhone development that I read. It’s a good intro to the topic, though it skims over the details of Objective-C faster than is probably good, instead focusing on the Cocoa framework. For the language itself, the author has a separate book, Objective-C for Dummies.
- Beginning iPhone SDK Programming with Objective-C — This book doesn’t hold your hand as much as the For Dummies book, which makes things difficult if you don’t already have a little bit of an understanding of Objective-C and Cocoa. It is more in-depth though.
- Cocoa and Objective-C: Up and Running — I have not read this book, but it is by the author of the Cocoa Dev Central website…and an O’Reilly Press book as well.
- Cocoa Dev Central — This is probably the quickest and most friendly way to learn Objective-C and Cocoa online.
- Mobiletuts+ — Yes, Envato has a mobile development Tuts+ blog. (It was only a matter of time…) You can expect the same sort of high-quality tutorials as Nettuts+ and Psdtuts+.
- Stack Overflow — Having trouble figuring something out? Ask a question and get a variety of responses within minutes. It’s like Digg or Reddit, but for finding solutions to programming problems.