The WordPress 125×125 ad management plugin has just got better. I’ve just released version 1.1.0, which improves performance, adds several customization options, as well as a few major features.
New is version 1.1:
- Setting to change the widget title.
- Option to remove the default ad styling, enabling you to use your own CSS rules.
- Settings are no longer stored in a database table, but in WordPress’s built-in Options system. This reduces database queries, and improves performance.
- Admin menu functions are no longer included outside of the WordPress Admin (hehe ).
- A few other tweaks were made of efficiency and security nature.
- Major feature: If you supply an email address in the options page, you can opt to receive email notifications when ads expire, allowing you to easily send follow-up emails to advertisers, or simply just stay in the know.
- Major feature: Placeholder ads! If an ad slot is empty, instead of not being shown, a placeholder ad (a.k.a “Your ad here” image) will be shown, linking to your sales page.
Download the plugin here, or just use the WordPress 2.5+ automated plugin updater.
If you have any suggestions, or if you find a bug, please leave a comment or shoot me an email.
EDIT: Everyone using 1.1.0, please upgrade to 1.1.1, unless you don’t mind your ads being unclickable. A stupid mistake on my part caused the issue in 1.1.0. It’s been patched now.
EDIT: Arg!!! I made another mistake. Version 1.1.1 is identical to 1.1.0, and therefore didn’t get the fix. Please use 1.1.2.
ANOTHER EDIT: Another bug squished. 1.1.3 is out, everyone. Fixes an issue with the slot dropdown on the Add/Edit page.