Twitter rolled out their new native retweet feature recently. Few desktop/iPhone clients have added support for it yet via the API, but many users can already use it through the web interface.
What do you think of it? Is it a good idea, or does it need more work?
My opinion is that it will make it a lot easier to retweet things, which may in turn increase the number of times things are retweeted. No more trying to edit the tweet to fit “RT @username” in. All you have to do is push a button and move on. I think it will also clean up our timelines, since you’ll only see a particular retweet once, shown as the original author’s tweet, instead of seeing twelve reposts of the same thing. I think the biggest thing missing is the inability to add commentary, which matters in some situations, but isn’t necessarily something you have to do every day.
What’s your take? Take a minute to answer the poll below and/or leave a comment.
What do you think of the new "offical" retweet feature?
- It's great! I'm using it right now. (29%, 4 Votes)
- It's great, but my Twitter client doesn't support it yet... (29%, 4 Votes)
- The inability to add commentary is a deal-breaker for me. (21%, 3 Votes)
- I hate change. (14%, 2 Votes)
- It's horrible! Twitter is ruining Twitter again! (7%, 1 Votes)
Total Voters: 14
Note: If you’re viewing this in an RSS aggregator you might have to click through to see the poll.